Wednesday, November 09, 2005

It's Lost-day!

Headlines on CNN.com:
"Coming soon: lots of very small cars" Are you picturing a whole lot of Hot Wheels or MicroMachines falling from the sky, coming to take over the planet?

"Flood Wall Failures Probed" Shouldn't they be using concrete or something to fill in these failures, instead of probing them? There are holes! Fill them in! Don't stick probes in there! (I know, my imagination is weird)

Headline at Yahoo!:
"Fireballs over Germany spark UFO speculation" Flippin' sweet! I saw a UFO once, along with a few other people, and that was neat. Beam me up, Scotty. One quick note - keep a pair of sneakers by your bed. The chances of you getting abducted by aliens are apparently better after you go to sleep, and if you do get beamed up, you want to have sneakers available. You've seen how shiny the inside of those spaceships are. You don't want to be walking around in socks, you'll fall down! You don't want to be barefoot either. Those things look cold. They are probably a beast to heat.

Also on Yahoo! News: Two pandas in Thailand got married. Is that romantic? Or strange? I'm leaning toward strange. Do animals even know what marriage, or romance, is?
.
.
.
I got tickets to see the stage show of Disney's Lion King today. I've seen it once, but I just can't pass up the chance to see it again. Great story, amazing music, and people can say what they want about Disney, but they know how to entertain you.

Lost is new tonight. Make sure you watch it. Rumor has it that someone, a main character, will die. And the "who dies?" isn't the big shocker apparently - the real surprise is who does the killing. I'm such a dork, and I can't wait!

I'm real bored at work today. The last few weeks have been, like, super busy. Planning dinners and lunches and awards receptions and...I could go on, but you are bored with hearing about it and bored with typing it.

OK that's it. Thank you and goodnight.

8 Comments:

At November 10, 2005, Blogger Annie said...

Hey, yesterday was Lost-day here too! It was a wonderful episode, with much to do with Hurley, and the ending was... just... *tears in my eyes* neat! Is that the episode you told about earlier, perhaps?

I'm not gonna ask about who got killed and who did the killing, even though I'm bursting here!

I've been in a romantic mood lately, and the pandas sounded so cuuuute. *imagining the panda girl in a white veil, and the panda-boy in a tie*

 
At November 10, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

I love hot wheels. They were my favorite toy when I was little. Hot wheels falling from the sky sounds great.

Probing bad, filling good. Your imagination is not weird just different.

What if UFOs are not cold but hot? I don't think sneakers would be a good idea. The rubber would be melting to the ship and make a big old mess and then you would have to buy new sneakers when they returned you back to earth. Though it would be fun to yell "I'm melting" like the Wicked Witch of the West.

 
At November 10, 2005, Blogger quint said...

Oh, annie, that hurley show was just great! As far as last night, the person who dies and person who does the killing was pretty good, but not "Rose saving the candy bar" good. But yes, the Hurley show was the one I was talking about earlier. And a couple people came "back" last night too - good show!

Toad, when i read "filling" in your comments, I immediately stopped thinking about filling in walls and started thinking about the filling inside a hostess cupcake. Yes, hostess cupcake. Why? I dunno...flashback to cafeteria lunches, i guess...isn't it amazing what passes for food during our pre-20s?

Melting shoes is scary! One time, I was in NY City, and it was so hot I thought my shoes were melting (I mean, there was a naked cowboy in Times Square! - then I went back a hundred times and realized he's always there), but it turned out I was standing on gum.

I hope UFOs aren't too hot, or cold. It always looks like those aliens are naked, so I assume a little heat. But then they wear those jumpsuits that look like the one-piece pajamas babies wear too...and those make me think cold. Maybe they just have bad temperature regulation...

 
At November 10, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

I like the custard filling in donuts. Much better then hostess cupcakes or walls. Pie fillings are also great.

Aliens must be cold blooded. They don't seem to mind the cold or the heat.

Naked Cowboy! I have never seen the naked cowboy. But then again my shoes do not have any gum on them.

 
At November 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a great imagination. newspaper headlines are hilarious.

in our paper today, Tina Ham was getting a divorce. please tell me you saw napoleon dynamite.

and please stop giving away all the lost secrets, i just found out about this show, (i'm NOT a TV person) and i purchased the entire 1st season from Costco, and I'm trying to catch up to the rest of you freaks, so no telling!!! please?

i'm the type to have fuzzy slippers at the bedside to take on the alien spaceship. and i'll take some tape. i like tape.

 
At November 11, 2005, Blogger quint said...

toad - the naked cowboy! Ha! He's always there, on that little "island" in Times Square, between the MTV studios and the Toys R Us.

susie - You might need tape. Duct tape. You can use it anywhere. Like I always say: "If it moves and it shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, WD-40." And I'm not trying to give away Lost secrets, I'm actually trying to tease...oh it's such a good show!

"What the heck are you even thinking?!" "I like her bangs." "I already made like infinity of those at scout camp."

 
At November 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay quint, i'm partaking in the belief that you overdosed on napoleon? but have you, in your infinite napleonism, made prank calls using the sound bites?

i, a grown woman, the mother of children, gathered round the computer one night, and we called everyone we knew, using the sound bites, and laughed until we wet our pants. then we got busted by hubby, and had to quit. dang it. foiled again and forced to act my age.

 
At November 14, 2005, Blogger quint said...

susie, I have not, in fact partaken in any prak phone calls using sounds from the movie.

I have, however, been the party planner for a birthday party based on Napoleon. I even decked out the basement EXACTLY like the dance scene, with the stars and streamers....oh that just looks sad...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home