Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Sick enough

Why do we humans have a need to prove our own worth? It's like a battle: who can come in to work sicker?

It's seriously a contest. At the last place I worked, in a box with three walls and no ceiling, people would come in to work near death, do no work because they feel so lousy, force everyone else to pick up the slack for them, look for sympathy from those who, at this point, don't care how sick they are, they just wish they'd get their mustache covered in snot away from their computer of their face. Then they'd do the same thing the next day, until they feel better and everyone else is sick.

BUT! If one of those people ended up "sick enough" to call in, the original sick person will complain: "Well, I came with a sore throat and body aches and a fever and a cough and a runny nose..." Yeah, like we all didn't notice the runny nose. I think it TOUCHED ME!

There's no need for a contest, people. Whatever you're doing, it's not that important. Think about it. If you don't input those numbers, the bread lines aren't gonna get any shorter. The world isn't gonna stop spinning (and if it did, everything would fall over, and it wouldn't matter anyway). Call in sick. Please. For all our own health. If you're miserable, and you make me miserable, I'm not going to like you. There is no "sick enough." If you're sick, stay home. We don't need your germs.

Some other things:

Hot apple cider kicks butt. With cinnoman. Cinoman. Cinnaman. I give up.
So does banana hot chocolate.
Last night, I met Spider-Man, Buzz Lightyear, Batman, Supergirl and two Harry Potters. If my life needs saving, I think I'm ok. Except, I wonder why they were all carrying pillowcases?
Waffles are a good breakfast.
Cold spaghetti is not.
Star Wars 3 came out on DVD today. Should I get it? Or are they going to come out with a Special Edition package and screw me all up?
My legs hurt. And my back, and my arms too. Does someone have a "quint voodoo doll"?

**Thanks a lot, Lump, I love ya man. And thanks for letting me use him Hipp. I owe you guys. It was very much appreciated.

3 Comments:

At November 02, 2005, Blogger Annie said...

It's "cinnamon". Dude, what are we gonna do about your spelling?? ;)

Speaking of "dude", I'm getting my Lost-DVD today or tomorrow!!! :) :)

Anyway, about the "quint voodoo doll". Busted! I'm sorry... I do black magic for fun, don't take it personally. I'm in a good mood today, so I might reconsider it now that I know it's working...

Seriously though: Feel better!

 
At November 02, 2005, Blogger quint said...

I'll feel better. Hopefully soon!

You are so having a Lost marathon!

And my spelling sucks. Despite the fact that I was a communications major in college....go figure...

 
At November 09, 2005, Blogger quint said...

banana hot chocolate still rocks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home