Friday, October 14, 2005

What the world wants to know about Hipp (or doesn't)

Thanks, Lumpy. I will try to answer these the best I can with a squirming 6 month-old on my lap. I think Lumpy knows the answer to most if not all of these, but they are good questions.

What is your purpose in blogging?
The creative side of me has gone dormant too long. I need an outlet and the blogosphere is an excellent place for that. I read frequently and it provides a place for me to give my thoughts on the book world. I also enjoy being able to rant and write about whatever strange things pop into my head. Welcome to my world.

If there is one thing that you could convey to people through your blogging what would it be?
Well, even though my blog entries aren't often related to religion, knowing Jesus Christ is the most important part of my life. I hope that this will come through in everything I do. Though there are many times when I fail miserably at this, God is more than faithful and is still willing to mold me and shape me to become who He wants me to be. Aside from that I hope people will be able to put aside the day-to-day monotony and chuckle or spend a moment pondering. Hopefully, they will come back from their lunch break a little refreshed.

What is your favorite season and why?
I actually love Winter. The only thing I don't like about it is the darkness. My birthday is right before Christmas, so I love December. I love making Christmas cookies with my mother and grandmother. I love eating them with a cup of hot cocoa or tea. While munching, I enjoy reading a good book. I like the excuse to stay at home and relax, pop in a good movie. I love the smell of dinner in the crockpot and I love spending time browsing through my many cookbooks and picking a comfort meal. I love picking out a Christmas tree and decorating it. I love New Year's Day with the feeling of a fresh start. I love Christmas music. I also love celebrating my husband's birthday, by doing something special. Anyway, I guess that's enough tangent, but there are so many things I love in the Winter.

If you could go anywhere and see anything you wanted where would you go first?
I would love to go to the Middle East. I want to see all the sites where Jesus walked. I want to visit the Pyramids in Egypt. I want to walk the Via Dolorosa and see the empty tomb. I want to take the Lord's Supper in His native land. I think it would be fun to go with someone like Chuck Missler or Bob Cornuke that has background in biblical archaeology and geography. Aside from that, I would really love to go to Prince Edward Island (sorry, Lumpy). As Lumpy mentioned I love the work of L. M. Montgomery. All the photos of PEI make it look so beautiful, the colors are all so vivid. I'm told this is because it rains so much. I also love seafood and I'm told they have some of the best lobster there.


You just woke up and found yourself in a tree on a mountain in the middle of no where. What is your first thought?
Probably, where is my daughter?? Then, oh crap how do I get down. This is assuming Lumpy is the reason I'm in this tree which is more than likely the case, :).

Give one reason why Anne of Avonlea should never ever under any circumstances be played in your household again.
Anne of Avonlea results in visits from Canadians who bring strange torture devices for Beasts.

What is your dream job?
Being a parent is the greatest job in the world. I get paid with smiles and hugs. Other than that it would be fabulous to be an editor for a top publishing company. I think I would do fairly well at finding good literature. Or to be the poet laureate of the United States.

Why is blue considered cold and Red considered hot?
Because God said so. I know, classic copout.

Name three things garunteed to make you smile.
1. Lumpy's goofy sense of humor
2. Watching my daughter.
3. A fabulous meal and a good book with time to enjoy them both.

What is the #1 need of spouses?
To have their husband stop poking them in the sides repeatedly or to have their wives not kiss them with lip gloss on.

4 Comments:

At October 14, 2005, Blogger Julia Reffner said...

Not kiss them with lip gloss? Me thinks you underplay. Not smear vasaline across half of their face for no good reason is more like it.

The Lumpy

 
At October 14, 2005, Blogger quint said...

Hmmm.

I agree with Hipp on the lip gloss thingy.

But the vaseline would suck too.

You could also add: not talk about embarassing amusement park nudity stories in front of family.

 
At October 15, 2005, Blogger Annie said...

Oooooh, winter coming up!!! :)
I love Christmas, and the snow, and the cold, and the everything that is typical of winter.

Except my final exams. We don't like those...

 
At October 17, 2005, Blogger quint said...

Yeah, we make that easy on you, Hipp.

I like summer, but is anyone surprised about that? Although, I like winter for the exact same reasons you do. Except the husband thing, cause I don't have one.

Or want one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home