Wednesday, October 19, 2005

More BUMPS

I had some bizarre fears, too. Lumpy discussed the toilet. I was scared of it, but for another reason. I was also afraid of the shower. Not at our house, but only at our summer cottage. Our summer cottage was located in the Finger Lakes. There was a story floating around there about a poisonous snake that had come into the pipes and up through someone's shower a few years back. Urban legend, perhaps. But I definitely thought this was possible. Now I had nightmares about snakes for years. I still get this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach at the zoo and growing up I was convinced I felt snakes slithering up my legs as I was falling asleep. My parent's subscribed me to Ranger Rick magazine and if I found a snake picture I would literally throw the magazine on the floor. I was a strange kid...OK, still am. Anyhow, I would stand on the far side of the shower watching the drain the whole time. If possible, I would bathe in the lake to avoid it. I feared the toilet too, but since there was no story about the toilet I figured chances are the snake would come up through the shower instead.

3 Comments:

At October 20, 2005, Blogger Annie said...

I watched a TV-show about sea-snakes when I was little, and have had a fear of both snakes and water ever since! I still cannot bathe anywhere outside, and sometimes not in pools either, depending on my mood of the day.

 
At October 20, 2005, Blogger quint said...

I hate fish.

But I love swimming. In lakes, oceans, pools...

Try and figure that one out.

I even swam in two different oceans in the same day. On two different coasts.

 
At October 20, 2005, Blogger quint said...

Terrifying sea serpent indeed!

Are you referring to the time Lumpy lost his shorts or the actual sea serpent?

I don't like snakes either, hipp. Anything that moves like that is just not natural. No arms, no legs.

On another note, birds scare the bejesus outta me. And it would REALLY freak me out if they came shooting out of the shower at me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home