Saturday, November 19, 2005

Great site for readers!

OK, is this kosher to post a link here? Hope so. Anyway, I found a really great site for the truly nerdly, such as yours truly. Its called what should I read next? So far it only contains 14,000 books but continues to grow as you add your selections. Just type in a favorite book or author. For instance my favorite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice and I was awaiting the Kiera Knightly version only to find it won't be playing in this area!! Probably all the result of a bespectacled boy with a scar :). Anyhow, at http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/ I find I need to read The Other Boleyn Girl, Jane Eyre, and Gone with the Wind, all of which I did read and enjoy and I have now added Up Country by Nelson DeMille to my to-be-read pile. In searching for Harry Potter, I find that Harry Potter fans also enjoyed The First Men on the Moon by H. G. Wells. Now if only I can get my daughter to sleep early enough to get reading done....

2 Comments:

At November 21, 2005, Blogger quint said...

That is neat!

Sorry about Pride and Prejudice - I feel I must apologize because I am one of the million who went to "Support Harry Potter" - although when the end of the movie came, all I wanted to do was help support Amos Diggory...so sad.

 
At November 22, 2005, Blogger Annie said...

Jane Ayre is my favourite! :) And I also enjoyed Pride and Prejudice. I wish I had more time to read...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home