Friday, December 02, 2005

Awful quiet around here...

It snowed today. And I got a parking warning from the town police. Apparently I'm not allowed to park in the road from November 1st till April 1st. With three cars and a small driveway, I guess it's time to clean out the garage. Clean out the garage so I can actually fit a car in it? That's just crazy-talk!

I picked up War of the Worlds on DVD. Good flick, but no special features on the disc. Steven Spielberg is a good director - probably my favorite - but his DVDs are surprisingly sparse when it comes to features. You need to wait until a special anniversary comes out or something. Like Jaws, or E.T. And even then, you don't get a commentary. I'd pay a lot of money to hear a Steven Spielberg commentary.

And yes, I am a mediafreak, it is what I went to school for, and I am one of those dorks who loves hearing the commentaries on DVDs. One of the best ones, as far as entertainment goes is Dude, Where's My Car? The Goonies is good, because it was years later when they did the commentary. One of the neatest commentaries is the one for the Pilot episode of Lost. The producers actually stop the show so they can show you even more "Making Of" features. And one of the most educational commentaries was the one for X-Men. They really get into the whole creation of the reality of the movie, and even how particular shots and effects were set up.

Nothing funny happened to me yesterday. I've kinda been just floating along the past week. Ever have a week like that, where you just feel, I dunno, detatched isn't the word I'm looking for....how about....spacey. Yeah, spacey. Have you ever had a week where you just felt spacey? Lumpy, I know you have because you're reading this after staring at those walls for three hours.

I just saw it's Britney Spears' birthday. What do you think people bought for her? Huge bottles of Vodka? Shoes? Underwear (even though she doesn't seem to wear any...)? Happy birthday, Britney. And if you hadn't changed 100% from how you were three years ago, and also walked around on a stage carrying a huge snake, I'd still marry ya. (Do you think the was going for a phallic symbol with the snake?)

And in honor of her birthday, here's a random quote from Britney: "I always listen to 'NSYNC's Tearin' Up My Heart. It reminds me to wear a bra. "

Please join me in saying..."What?!"

12 Comments:

At December 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, what???? huh????
time for you to get off the britney kick and move onto a real woman like susan serandon, or someone just as old and flabby. the real ones, without the fake boobs, and paid for butts.

as a depressive, i have chosen to boycott any and all tom cruise movies, until which time he can admit his awful mistakes and believe the way i tell him to.

i decided to join the ranks of the "lost" watchers/addicts and bought the entire season on dvd several months ago. did i watch them? no
do i have time? maybe.
do i care? i don't know.
i'll think on it. while i waste some time blogging.

 
At December 05, 2005, Blogger Annie said...

War of the Worlds gave me a nightmare... But then again, what doesn't...?

Oh, and What???

 
At December 05, 2005, Blogger quint said...

Exactly...what??

Does Who Framed Roger Rabbit give you a nightmare?

There's a show on NBC called "Surface." If you've seen it, you know what it's about. Last night I had a dream that one of Nim's "friends" was on my back, and trying to bite me. I woke up kicking the bed. Scary.

 
At December 06, 2005, Blogger Annie said...

I haven't seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit... But to put it this way: The Norwegian version of SESAME STREET gave me a nightmare once! That has to do with the puppets. I can't stand them.

 
At December 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is scary, you kicking the bed. better kicking than licking i always say

 
At December 07, 2005, Blogger quint said...

Some of those puppets are creepy, annie! I can do a pretty good Kermit impression though...

Better kicking than licking...the bed. Better licking than kicking...ice cream.

 
At December 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

quint, please don't ever do kermit in front of a woman you are attracted to.

that is my advice for the day,month, year

 
At December 07, 2005, Blogger Annie said...

What Susie said!

 
At December 07, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

I must agree with Susie and Annie. No Kermit immitations in front of a woman you like unless of course she starts it.

 
At December 08, 2005, Blogger Annie said...

She won't start it....

 
At December 08, 2005, Blogger quint said...

Man, and I thought the ladies loved a good Kermit impression!

I better get to work on my Kiplin Dynamite impressions...I love technology.....but not as much as you, you see....but I still love technology...always and forever....

 
At December 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, lordy
i bet you have all the sound bites on your desktop.

when people walk by, you press one. they'll never know, promise. the ladies will be all over you. get a bat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home